Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Night With My Favorite Author

Jan Karon
 visited my home town last night.

She was everything I expected and more.

She is the only author that I enjoy reading every single thing she writes. Her writing is so uplifting and encouraging that even someone like me will sit still for hours and escape into 
her fictional town of Mitford.
Oh how I would love to live in that small town. 

The only word I can come up with that describes 
this very talented lady is 
Lovely.




If you have never read any of her work,
you can find it
 Here


Her writing is so vivid that she was constantly being asked for the recipes of the dishes she describes in her novels.

She was asked so much that she 
decided to write a cookbook.


Some of the recipes were fictional dishes she  
created for the story, so  
she had to create them for the actual cookbook. 

She is now working on her next novel and I assure you that I will be the first in line to get it when it is finished.


If you are looking for your next great read for camping...
This is it!

No comments:

Post a Comment