Monday, October 15, 2012

Waxing Leaves...

Okay, I can't take credit for this idea.  I found it on one of my all time favorite blogs,
Memories on Clover Lane
She is always doing something fun.


Today I am
 
Waxing leaves!
 
 
 
Here is how I did it...
 
 First, I started by taking a walk and gathering the prettiest leaves I could find. It was a beautiful  day yesterday so my mom, sister and two of my daughters and I all took a walk and gathered leaves together.
 
 I piled all my leaves on newspaper that I had spread over my kitchen counters.
 
Next, I melted some paraffin wax in an aluminum pan right on the stove top.
 I used Paraffin wax I had left over from my Christmas baking last year.
 Then I just dipped my leaves...
 and placed them on the newspaper to dry.
 
Could not be easier!!!
 I used some brown thread to make a garland and tied them on the thread by the stem.
It's kind of a tedious task but worth it.
They are so simple and beautiful!!

 
 

I Love it!
 
 Happy Fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment