Sunday, June 17, 2012

Making The Best Of A Rainy Day On Vacation


Okay, so this year's vacation would have to be graded as a C-.
I'm not sure exactly what made it less than perfect, but I know the weather did not help.
It rained the first four days we were there.
 Now don't get me wrong, I love camping, but sunshine plays a major roll in making it fun. 

This is how the first few days looked...
Grey and gloomy.
This was taken from Clingman's Dome; 
the highest point in the Smokey Mountains.

We decided that we would make the best of it. 
Attitude is half the battle and we decided we would enjoy this time together or die trying! 
Since Gatlinburg is some place we go often, we decided to visit all the antique stores we always talked about visiting, but never found the time.

Not expecting much, since this is a tourist town, I was surprised to find this wonderful booth.
 I did take a business card, but as usual, I lost it. 
Oh well, even though I can't tell you where to find it, 
check out these really cool ideas for re-purposed stuff...

I want to do this! What a great idea for a nursery or large bathroom.




I found an old silver peculator at another store for $2 that
I am going to make it into one of these lamps! 


While we were going from store to store,
  we happened upon one of the prettiest waterfalls I've ever seen.
 Only in Tennessee would you find funnel cakes and kettle corn for sale next to this...


 By the end of the day, we looked like this....
Making the best of a rainy vacation.

 I love my family and we love kettle corn!




No comments:

Post a Comment