Saturday, February 15, 2014

Mini Book Class

 I am about to do something way outside of my comfort zone.
I am (gulp).....teaching a Mini Book class.

My boss has decided to add classes to the list of services that our store will be providing. 
  I brought in a few of my mini books as an idea for a class and she suggested I teach it.
Its a great idea and will be a lot of fun but since I have never taught a class,
 I am a tiny bit nervous.
 I have to admit that even though I am nervous, I am really excited about the challenge. 

Instead of just jumping right into it and winging it, 
I decided it would be a good idea to do a practice class.
So, I asked a few my closest friends, 
who are also advanced scrapbookers, to let me practice on them.

They were all so sweet and patient and so helpful in my first run through.
 I really appreciate their willingness to come out on a cold winter night, 
pile up in my basement just to help me. 
It went beautifully!
 Honestly, it was so much fun I want to do it again.
 I learned so much and they gave me so many helpful 
suggestions that I will definitely utilize in my class. 


Here are a few samples of the style of Mini books that we will be making.
We will be using the "Back to Back" method of book binding.
 It is probably my favorite binding method, 2nd only to my "Bind it All".

 I love the versatility of these little books.
 You get to decide how many pages, how wide, how tall and
 how fancy or simple you want to make your book.
It is all you and your style!

They are made with just basic scrapbook paper and adhesive
 so that means they are inexpensive too!
 
These little books are perfect for memory keeping or scrapbooking.
I love being able to fill them with a ton of photos and journaling.

With Mothers day coming up in the next few months, 
these would make a great handmade gift for mom. 


My friend Beth gave me one of the best quotes
 I have heard in a while is this,

"Handmade gifts come with the most love"

I just love that!!






2 comments:

  1. That's so nice of them to let you do a practice run - and what cute books y'all made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily,Thanks for stopping by the blog!! and yes they are a great group of Ladies! You will have to come and crop with us!

    ReplyDelete