Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"But I Don't Own A Camper"


I have heard  this statement a lot and I completely understand.
 Our decision to purchase a camper was a big one.

I realize that not everyone has the opportunity or would want
to take on the commitment of owning a camper.

That is why I wanted to write this post.
 There was a time in our lives when we didn't own a camper and yet we still had a desire to go camping. 
We just had to find other ways to make our camping trips happen.


Years ago, before we had children, and before I was a spoiled "comfy camper",
 we bought a tent.

Let me just say, that is not my kind of camping.
 It did not work for me, but I have to list it as an viable option.
Especially now that the campgrounds have come so far in providing really nice bath houses, 
recreation areas and dish washing and laundry areas.


Second option, you can now Rent campers and RV's.

They are all over the internet with a million different options.
I would also check with your local camper retailer. 
We have never tried this route, but have friends that have and loved it for long trips.

The best option that worked great for us... Rent a Cabin!
Most State Parks and private campgrounds have cabins available for rent. One of our favorite places to rent a cabin is in Cosby TN right outside of Gatlinburg in  Jellystone Campground!
They have cabins right on a mountain stream.



Just know that you don't have to own a camper to enjoy the fun that is camping!

No comments:

Post a Comment